Holtzman Vogel defends corporations, nonprofits and individuals who are the subject of investigations by Executive Branch agencies, Congressional committees, and the Department of Justice.
Our attorneys are known for their representation of high-profile individuals, elected officeholders, political party committees, and outside groups where highly sensitive legal, political, and reputational interests are at stake. Clients seek our attorneys in these complex and politically charged investigations because their experience is unique, with partners who have served at the highest levels of the White House, Federal government agencies, Congressional committees, and as prosecutors.
Our attorneys are skilled at the conduct of internal investigations and have deep experience working with boards of directors and management to understand the scope of the legal, public relations, and political issues involved—and our lawyers formulate the needed strategies to address them. We work with clients to anticipate their needs and place us in the best possible position to defend their interests.
Congressional Investigations: Holtzman Vogel’s Congressional Investigations Group attorneys help clients with every facet of Congressional investigations including requests for information and inquiry letters, subpoenas for documents, and preparing witnesses for testimony. We help mitigate reputational and brand risk by formulating strategies to respond to these matters in a manner that presents the client in the best possible light. In addition, our litigation and white-collar practice attorneys assist to ensure that responses to congressional inquiries do not impact any parallel administrative or criminal proceedings. First steps are important steps; and we work with our compliance group to navigate the complex and often counterintuitive rules that govern these types of proceedings.
Government Investigations and White-Collar Defense: Holtzman Vogel’s Government Investigations and White-Collar Defense Group attorneys represent clients in connection with federal and state criminal investigations. We possess deep knowledge and experience in connection with public corruption, campaign finance, and other high-stakes investigations and have represented parties and witnesses in inspector general, Federal Election Commission, and state attorneys general investigations.
News & Insights
- Ten Holtzman Vogel Attorneys Listed by Super Lawyers 2023
- High-Ranking Government Executives and Invoking the Apex Doctrine
- Firm Sponsors Florida Supreme Court Historical Society's Supreme Evening
- Jessica Furst Johnson Speaks on Fox Business News Regarding Classified Documents Found
- Changes to House Ethics Rules for the New Congress
- Holtzman Vogel Announces Attorney Elevations: Firm continues growth with 40+ lawyers nationwide; represents 70+ entities in 2022 Midterms
- Jill Vogel Speaks on Fox Business News on FBI's Response to Twitter Files
- Early Returns Podcast: Jessica Furst Johnson and Jason Torchinsky - Political Lawyers Take a Deeper Dive into 2022 Elections and Look Ahead to 2024
- Early Returns Podcast – Nathan Gonzales: Nationally Respected Nonpartisan Voting Analyst’s Approach to Predicting Prior and Upcoming Mid-Term Elections
- Early Returns Podcast – Evan Thomas: Did Watergate Change America or Does History Repeat Itself?
- Eking Out a Win? Corporate Political Activity in 2022
- Early Returns Podcast - Ty Cobb, Former Special Counsel to President Trump: Insights on the Response to the Russia Collusion Investigation, Past and Present
- Holtzman Vogel Announces Regional Expansion in Phoenix
- Election Impact 2022 Webinar Series - Bang for Your Buck: Tools & Tactics to Maximize Political Spending
- Political Law Senior Statesman, Jan Baran, Produces “Early Returns” Podcast
- Holtzman Vogel Partners Participate at Practising Law Institute’s “Corporate Political Activities 2021"
- Holtzman Vogel Announces the Addition of New Partner Ed Wenger and Senior Associate John Cycon
- Lobbying world