Holtzman Vogel’s Government Ethics Compliance Group provides counsel regarding federal, state, and local ethics laws. These rules govern the actions of parties engaged in political activity, fundraising, government relations, grassroots and direct lobbying, and procurement. Many in our group previously served in government where they enforced ethics rules and help shape the rules applicable to our clients today.
Ethics rules require complex public disclosure, coordination with multiple reporting entities, compliance with audit rules, monitoring of rules changes, and careful compilation of required data. Our clients are highly scrutinized and retain our lawyers to limit the chance of issues that lead to enforcement actions. Public disclosures are also consistently the foundation of opposition research and media focus and often form the basis for businesses to mount serious attacks against competitors.
Failure to comply in any of these categories has increasingly devastating consequences, legally, financially, and reputationally. Clients seek our expertise to design and implement best practices and establish processes to ensure that ethics compliance is carefully managed.
Our clients include:
- Fortune 500 corporations
- Lobbying firms
- Law firms
- Consulting firms
- Non-profit entities
News & Insights
- Mateo Forero Speaks at Department of Energy Contractor Attorneys Association
- Google to Require Disclaimer on Political Ads with AI-Generated Content: Move Follows Proposed Legislation and Efforts to Prompt FEC Action
- Jan Baran Quoted in Bloomberg Government Article "Lawmakers Decamp to Disneyland, Resorts for August Fundraisers"
- Jason Torchinsky Sourced for New York Times Article" As Legal Fees Mount, Trump Steers Donations into PAC That Has Covered Them"
- Ten Holtzman Vogel Attorneys Listed by Super Lawyers 2023
- Regulating Robocalls: New FCC Rules Take Effect July 20
- Holtzman Vogel Recognized by Chambers USA for Political Law, Environmental Law and Land Use
- Jessica Furst Johnson to Speak at AAPC Southern Regional Conference
- Jason Torchinsky Quoted in New York Times Article: "Trump Spent $10 Million From His PAC on His Legal Bills Last Year"
- FEC Releases Increased Contribution Limits for the 2023-2024 Cycle
- Jessica Furst Johnson Speaks on Fox Business News Regarding Classified Documents Found
- Changes to House Ethics Rules for the New Congress
- Jill Vogel Speaks on Fox Business News on FBI's Response to Twitter Files
- Early Returns Podcast: Jessica Furst Johnson and Jason Torchinsky - Political Lawyers Take a Deeper Dive into 2022 Elections and Look Ahead to 2024
- FEC Approves New Internet Disclaimer Rules: New Rule Applies to Paid Advertising on Websites, Digital Devices, Applications, and Advertising Platforms
- Early Returns Podcast - Ty Cobb, Former Special Counsel to President Trump: Insights on the Response to the Russia Collusion Investigation, Past and Present
- Holtzman Vogel Announces Regional Expansion in Phoenix
- Political Law Senior Statesman, Jan Baran, Produces “Early Returns” Podcast
- Holtzman Vogel Promotes Rising Stars to Partners and Of Counsel: Firm promotes top talent amidst national expansion
- Michael Bayes
- Jessica Furst Johnson
- Tom Josefiak
- Timothy E. Kronquist
- William McGinley
- Matthew Petersen
- Steve Roberts
- Jason Torchinsky
- Jill Holtzman Vogel
- Alex Vogel
- Audra Bayes
- John Cycon
- Christine Fort
- Dallin Holt
- Dennis W. Polio
- Ken Daines
- Mateo Forero
- Nicole Kelly
- Andrew Pardue
- Andrew D. Watkins