Holtzman Vogel’s Lobbying & Grassroots Advocacy Group provides counsel to Fortune 500 companies, consulting firms, law firms, and trade associations regarding federal, state, and local lobbying laws. Our attorneys have expertise in gift rules, registration, reporting, and recordkeeping requirements.
Our clients include:
- Corporations (including Fortune 500 corporations)
- Lobbying firms
- Law firms
- Consulting firms
- Non-profit entities
- Coalition groups
- Trade associations
We provide experienced guidance to clients in federal, state, and local audit matters as well as and investigations. Many of our attorneys previously served in government where they crafted and enforced ethics rules, allowing them to provide in-depth knowledge to clients on the rules for lobbyist interaction.
Our attorneys also counsel elected officials at all levels of government on how they can engage with lobbyists and political groups without running afoul of the law. We also counsel government contractors on how to engage with officeholders to avoid violations of law or conflicts that may jeopardize their government contracts.
Lobbyist disclosures and reports are routinely targets of opposition research and clients often seek to engage with policy makers in ways that safely avoid complex lobbying rules. Our attorneys help clients map out strategies to engage in productive policy dialogues without triggering lobbying laws and their increasingly onerous registration, reporting, and recordkeeping requirements.
Our attorneys also organize and guide purpose-built coalitions, trade associations, and 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations -- along with their supporters and donors — as they engage in activity to influence federal, state, and local policy. We also advise on compliance strategies for these organizations to effectively engage in grassroots campaigns aligned with their objectives.
News & Insights
- Holtzman Vogel Sponsors Annual Blockchain Association Policy Summit
- Jan Baran Co-Chairs and Speaks at PLI's Corporate Political Activities 2023
- Jessica Furst Johnson Speaks at PLI's Annual Corporate Political Activities 2023 Conference
- Steve Roberts Quoted as a FARA Expert in The Hill Article on Menendez Case
- Mateo Forero Speaks at Department of Energy Contractor Attorneys Association
- Holtzman Vogel Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2024
- Jan Baran Quoted in Bloomberg Government Article "Lawmakers Decamp to Disneyland, Resorts for August Fundraisers"
- Ten Holtzman Vogel Attorneys Listed by Super Lawyers 2023
- Regulating Robocalls: New FCC Rules Take Effect July 20
- Holtzman Vogel Recognized by Chambers USA for Political Law, Environmental Law and Land Use
- Steve Roberts to Speak on Compliance Considerations for Using Social Media for PAC and Grassroots Engagement
- Firm Sponsors Bryce Harlow Foundation
- Firm Sponsors 2023 Annual Pollie Award Conference; Jason Torchinsky and Christine Fort Speakers
- Gary Hunter Speaks at Environmental and Land Use Law Section Annual CLE on Legislative Priorities for the 2023 Florida Legislative Session
- State Proposed Bills Would Restrict Free Speech Rights, Add Duplicative Reporting
- How Does Arizona's Legislature Work and Why Is There a COW?
- North Carolina Supreme Court Invalidates Redistricting Map and Voter ID Law Enacted by Legislature
- Early Returns Podcast with Jan Baran - Wes Bizzell: The Role of Corporate America and Associations in Politics
- Jan Baran Quoted in Roll Call Article - Not couch cushion money: Former members sitting on $54 million
- FEC Releases Increased Contribution Limits for the 2023-2024 Cycle
- Firm Sponsors Blockchain Association Policy Summit and Gala
- Top Ten Questions from Corporate and Trade Association Clients Approaching Midterms 2022
- Eking Out a Win? Corporate Political Activity in 2022
- (Not) Business as Usual: Corporate Political Activity in 2022: Businesses must assess if, what and how to permissibly engage
- Holtzman Vogel Announces Regional Expansion in Phoenix
- Election Impact 2022 Webinar Series - Bang for Your Buck: Tools & Tactics to Maximize Political Spending
- Political Law Senior Statesman, Jan Baran, Produces “Early Returns” Podcast
- Holtzman Vogel Promotes Rising Stars to Partners and Of Counsel: Firm promotes top talent amidst national expansion
- Holtzman Vogel Partners Participate at Practising Law Institute’s “Corporate Political Activities 2021"
- Michael Bayes
- David Childs
- Christine Fort
- Gary Hunter
- Jessica Furst Johnson
- Tom Josefiak
- Timothy E. Kronquist
- William McGinley
- Matthew Petersen
- Steve Roberts
- Eileen H. Stuart
- Jason Torchinsky
- Jill Holtzman Vogel
- Alex Vogel
- Audra Bayes
- Dallin Holt
- Ken Daines
- Mateo Forero
- Nicole Kelly
- Andrew Pardue
- Chad Revis
- Andrew D. Watkins
- Merrill Weber